Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Time flew somewhere

I don't know where. I guess I had a lot of fun, because time has done left me behind. It left me some parting gifts- grey hair, herniated discs, degenerate joints. I must have had a lot of fun. A lot. because time flew.

I guess there's more. But it flies faster now...much, much, much faster. And the parting gifts are not as nice. I like it. I want time to fly so fast that time travel becomes possible-like when Superman flew around the Earth so fast he went back in time to save Lois Lane and humanity. I want to have so much fun taht eventually- I ride like I used to.
 It's possible.
 Really.
Today at one point I just did it. I set up, set my pedals and stepped forward into the trick. I didn't think about it, I just did it. Like I did Twenty years ago, Ten years ago even...Felt unreal. felt unnatural-I didn't step gingerly on the peg and carefully torque around the bar. I just did it. Didn't pull it completely, but that is not the point. The point is, I was having so much fun I regressed just a little to a more confident time.  I breathed a little more and went spot hunting-I rode around- I bunnyhopped over an imaginary block. wait...not the broomstick? Nope, a block. Felt like a bunnyhop this time, not a back-injured-old-guy-Americas-funniest-video-waiting-to-happen-hop. You know the one? Embarrassing dad on his kids bike? Nope, legit where is the ledge hop.
Whoa...hooray me, that was rad
 no. no, no, no, NO.
That was regression. That was me finding my skin, not riding a tiny bike trying to relive my youth-just muscles waking up that maybe haven't fired in a while. Good Morning

If I roll fast enough against the rotation of my current direction...what's gonna happen?
You know what I'm sayin?