Monday, November 25, 2013

Lists

Monday: Sprint, rotator cuff workout, chip and putt
Tuesday: Off day
Wednesday: Power threshhold intervals, under 2200 cal, Cages

Lite version of the lists I used to make for training. For Racing. To be the fastest club rider. For Baseball. For Golf. For Baseball cards. For Breakfast. For Bugout kits. For pissing.
For everything. A List. A Plan. A Process. A Structure. A level of Expectation.

Except BMX

Well.
Street, really. For Flat I always had a list of tricks to learn, and order they should be learned and a level of accomplishment that needed to be met. Street-I just went out and jumped over or off of stuff...simply put. Riding last night, I didn't have an agenda. I went out and rode my bike. Looked for spots. Looked for flat ground in Whitier, CA. (none exists). I looked for cops-just wanted to see if they noticed the geezer on his kids bike or not. (they didn't). Looked for sketchy dudes who wanna jak this foo...(eh, not really, but kindof).
I just rode my bike around, bunnyhopped imaginary obstacles in the street. Did some tailwhips and fork glides (per my list) in a parking lot. Listened to music. Flowed-or closer to flow than I have done in a minute. It was over quick, I still have an 80 year old skeletal system (Degenerative Joint Disorder)-so the little hops and bails got to me a bit faster tonight. But that's OK.

That is certainly OK. I got a bit more in touch with my bike. For Flat, I'm still not sold. (full disclosure-I really want my Reklamation, so I may be rationalizing a bit). But for street, The Soundwave is awesome. Flows like a kayak underneath me in a swirly chaotic river of imaginary, really small eddies and whirls. But it is my river, and it is fun as I wan't it to be. I don't mind wearing water wings right now,Nor do I care who sees me with them on- I'm sure I am not swimming yet.

Tonight back to the list. Fork glide, Fire-hydrant, Whiplash, Steamroller...etc....Basics that I need to practice in order to regress. I will be checking them off of my list in due time. But every once in a while I need to put the list down, and jump over the broomstick on the pavement. or bombdrop the curb. That is why I never took BMX off of the shelf and put it into the bin. It gets me away from the lists. From the schedule. From the Plan. BMX lets me just go.
Yes.

Definitely on my list for today.
Charge Music player-Check
Have gallons of Coffee-Check
Work on list of tricks to practice tonight-check.
Don't make a list, just ride.-er...I confused myself...damn you irony! Time to go to work.-Check