Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Little bubble

Let's get small...I mean really small...Now look up.
Whoa-the world is huge, right?
That's what I thought, too.
Don't worry though-We can be big now. Hmm...I feel like I'm overlooking everything when I'm this Big.
Well.
That is kinda the point....We get big and everything gets small. Everything? Unfortunately, yes.
 wait...even my....Stop there.
Regression to third grade anatomy jokes, halted. (for now). What then?
My Friend list? Smaller.
My iPod Playlist? Smaller
My TV show selection? Smaller
My Pants? Smaller (hahahahahah..third grade again)
My Hour in the day? Smaller
My energy? Smaller
My World? Smaller
My Bike? Bigger...but Smaller...more on that later.

Am I saying I am unhappy? Hell No. I wouldn't trade anything...I love my Wife. I love My kids. I have a dream job that I will learn to love.

What am I saying then? Hmmmmm. I wanna be small. I want to look up and see the world as huge again. I want to get on my bike and see the endless possibility in a flat parking lot. I want to cruise around and jump curbs because they look huge. You see, Right now I'm big. I dress like a twenty year old, but I assure you I'm 40. I have grey hair. I take heart medicine. I wear glasses to read. I have spinal issues that make your gramma look like a member of cirque. I limit my cookies, because well-I get fat(ter). I go to work, I come home, I do the housework/Dad stuff, I grab a drink watch some Law and Order and I go to sleep waiting for it to happen again tomorrow. Big happened. And I let it. I got a Suit. I got a high end Italian Road Bike. I shaved my legs. I bought High end spandex because the videography made me want to look down on people ...From a mountain on a climb in a country I will never go to. Now-truth be told, the Big bike took me places, made me more spiritual, probably saved my life, helped me find God. But it also took me away from my community (BMX), my friends (riders), my lust for riding (tiny bikes). The big bike made my cycling world small, narrow and devoid of human interaction-because honestly, most roadies are clique-ish.  Big is not bad, Big is just not me.

I think small holds something for me. I don't know what that is, yet.
My Friend list? BMX is community
My iPod Playlist? Music that has the soul of BMX pumping through it.
My TV show Selection? I hate TV anyways
My Pants? The same, But with cooler belts
My Hour in the day? Mine to use, not to waste
My Energy? Electric
My World? Bigger and out of my comfort zone
My Bike? Smaller.

So what am I babbling about? Well, I'm going to start riding again, with a purpose. I need to force the time into my life. I work for a BMX company-should be mandatory to ride, daily...And I am going to try to make that happen. Why the Blog? Why not? Maybe another 40 something sees it and feels the same way. maybe something I see, or post, or accomplish inspires that person to take a pedal. There are countless riders over 40 that have done that for me, all will be mentioned in due time. If anything, it is a way for me to communicate with myself, to get inside my head, to get small.




No comments:

Post a Comment