Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Bike...Revised and rethought

I wasn't happy. It's definitely hard to get used to a new bike if you don't ride it....but if you're not feelin' it...your not feelin' it. So I committed...no feeble grinds, no nod's to legends...I rebuilt my Soundwave for flat. (Fortunately I have the opportunity to build an Identical one for street/park. A little spoiled by my job for sure, but I really should take advantage while I can.) The frame is awesome, and undeniably the best frame. ever.

i wonder if it is the bike, or just my inability o accept the fact that I am not going to just jump on the bike and be a decent rider again. I feel the frustration creep in, as I roll and spin and fail...but each failure feels a little less so. And my body feels less like a punching back after every ride, every bail, every time I slam my spine against itself crushing the little bit of disc i have left between l5 and l6...

I have only excuses for my failure. I have no retort. I was hellbent on picking up a "Flatland" frame...I'm 6'4"...a 21"tt frame is a "flatland" frame for me. No more excuses, it's not the bike dummy. Go ride it. the one listed below should work just fine indeed.

 Frame: Sunday Soundwave 21" 

Fork: Sunday Night 2.1
Bar: Quest BMX Miyagi Bar
Stem: Odyssey Elementary V3
Heasdest: Odyssey

Grips: Odyssey Cufflinks
Gyro: Odyssey GTX
Brake Levers: Odyssey M2 Right, Monolever Left
Brakes: Odyssey Evo 2

Cables: Odyssey Slic Front, Gyro lower, M2 medium Upper

 Seapost: Odyssey Intac

Seat: Odyssey Senior II
Seat Clamp: Sunday Slim
Cranks: Odyssey Flatware 160mm
Bottom Bracket: Odyssey 22mm
Sprocket: Odyssey Rhode Island 22t
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC
Chain: Odyssey Bluebird




Tires: Odyssey Freq G 1.85
Rims: Odyssey Aerospace
Hub F: Odyssey Vandero2
Hub R: Infinity Flowcoaster
Spokes: Odyssey 4x
Front Pegs: Quest Meta-Gurustix
Rear Pegs: Quest Gurustix